Tuesday, September 1, 2009

yet so it seems, that after everything..
all i know now, is that i know nothing













































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































i spent the majority of today sitting up on my roof.
why.
well i wanted to follow in the thought pattern of one of my heroes, john keating, so i sat upon my roof to remind myself that i must constantly look at things in a different way.
also because the view is nice.
the slight breeze was strong enough for the wind to lift my hair so that it danced around my face. it was oddly euphoric.
but sadly, sitting on my roof staring at the mountains, didn’t bring me the answers i needed.
apart from giving me that feeling of sheer insignificance in this big world, i was left empty.
i shouldn’t have expected the answers to come to me so easily.
but when they do, i will understand why i couldn’t find them now.
i should try and enjoy the ignorance.
apparently it’s bliss.

a separate feeling..
the sun showed itself today more than it has in a while.
it’s funny how the sun’s mere warmth made me happy, no matter how momentarily.
i’m looking forward to more days like this.
the days when all i want to do is wear a floral dress and run around in a meadow.
when all my jewellery consists of freshly made daisy chains.
when we drive with all the windows down with no destination.
when people don't need a reason to smile and be outdoors.
when i fall asleep on my trampoline
or in my underwear
or at the beach.

hello spring.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing post once again Cathy :). It brings a little smile to my day.

    ReplyDelete

don't waste your time on me