Sunday, September 20, 2009

but if we try, if we really try, someday we'll reach the moon


thankyou for sitting outside with me last night. thankyou for bringing me a blanket and putting your arm around me like you used to. thankyou for telling me to look how the stars shine for me. thankyou for remembering that i like that song. thankyou for offering me your cigarette. thankyou for bringing me to life. thankyou for loving me in a way that i could never match up to no matter how long i live. thankyou for all your lame dad jokes. thankyou for fake smiling and pretending to be fearless for me. thankyou for telling me that someday we’ll reach the moon. thankyou for reassuring me that we’ll get through this. thankyou for letting me believe that we’ll be ok, even though we both know we won’t be.

2 comments:

don't waste your time on me